An American drowned at 4pm on Friday after being pulled away by the current on Carmen beach, located in Santa Teresa de Cóbano, Puntarenas. The body of the victim, Bryan Sommer, age 50 was discovered floating in the surf and after being declared dead was taken to the Judicial Morgue in San Joaquín de Flores, Heredia.
Subscribe to Free Email List
- Remains found in Corcovado probably Alaskan outdoorsman
- Expats pitch in to help save Jaco's word surfing games
- Extensive research says genetically modified products are safe
- Some lawmakers want to send alcohol tax to municipalities
- Vacation rental firm may have left many in the lurch
- Jacó officials act to clean up beach pollution
- Turrialba eruption spreads ash in many communities
- Zika outbreak is a menace to Jacó and its surf event
- Customs official says the biggest problem is bribery
- Few Costa Rican entities in Panamá Papers data base
January 19, 2016 (3:04) Courses to humanize doctors From a patient's perspective that utilizes the CAJA system in Guanacaste on a regular basis,...
shaking my head
July 5, 2013 (7:52) Police charged with planting evidence go free Public employees, especially those involved in law enforcement, should be held to a higher standa...
shaking my head
July 5, 2013 (7:46) Police charged with planting evidence go free Makes you want to stay high, on the hillside, doesn't it.
High on a hillside
July 5, 2013 (4:57) Police charged with planting evidence go free I used to think that someday the CR criminal justice system would become part of the 21st century...
- Nadine Wayne